Wednesday 10 November 2010

A surprise visitor

10112010376This is a baby hedgehog.

Daddy found him freezing in the back yard. He woke me up at around 6:00 in the morning for me to see the poor thing shivering on the cold, hard concrete outside, while it was still dark. My daddy held him with a thick mat – yet he still got pricked – and brought him inside. We put him in a box with some cat food, although I think they prefer dog food better.

I named the hedgehog Vincent. Vincent ate most of the cat food and did his business when no one was looking. (However, from the picture above, he seems to be doing them both at the same time.) We then came back into the kitchen and found that poor Vincent, not liking too much light, had climb out of the box and wandered off elsewhere.

While we were trying to look for him and get on with our daily routine at the same time, turns out that little Vincent had crept out of the box and underneath the smallest couch in the living room right next to my father’s computer desk, nearest the chair . We only found out at the end of the day where the baby hedgehog was hiding.

I’ve always wanted an unusual pet, such as: a spider (female, I hear from my R.E teacher that they live for longer.)  However I’ve always wanted a pet Snake. Yes, I know what you’re thinking…’What a strange pet to have…’ ‘Won’t it be very dangerous, though, to have a snake as a pet…wondering around the house?’ Well, we won’t have a snake slithering around the house, of course.

Further more, I could never stop myself from thinking what it would be like to have a snake for a pet…So one day I asked just to see what my parents would say…

Although the answers were not what I had expected to hear, which I should have. My father told me ‘No, you’ll have to deal with too much.’ My mother said ‘No, if you want a snake you’ll have to get it for yourself. Cuz’ I ain’t gettin’ it for ya!’ She was just being silly. But, it was true. None of them wanted me to have a pet snake. Although I wanted a green snake however…and I would also call him Marvin!

Marvin The Snake!!! A good name for a snake don’t you think?!

1 comment:

Student 0872856/1 said...

If you got a snake it might try to eat Elmo!! And you can't cuddle a snake! I have a friend who has snakes so when you come to Trinidad we can visit and see if you still want one...